English Language Learning
English Language Learning (ELL) is an intensive five-level full-time program designed for international students who wish to improve their English language skills. If you are an international student, this program will help you to build upon and improve your language skills for success in college, university, or your career.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, May, September|
|Tuition Fee:||$10,400 (2 semesters)|
English Language Learning (ELL) comprises five levels, which run each semester. Basic information is listed below:
- You will be placed into one of five levels depending on the results of a diagnostic placement test.
- Each level consists of five “modules” – each “module” runs for three weeks.
- You can start the program at the beginning of any module, depending on your date of arrival.
English Language Learning (ELL) offers you the opportunity to:
- Study in a supportive college environment
- Study in one of two campuses (Progress and Eglinton Learning Site (ELS)). The ELS campus is located in a busy, metropolitan area of the city.
- Develop effective academic communication skills by focusing on key areas of reading, grammar, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation.
- Participate in communicative activities, interactive exercises, group work and presentations.
- Access helpful resources and services (tutoring services, library, counselling, computer labs).
English Language Learning (ELL) is based on modern teaching and learning practices.
Learn from highly qualified and dedicated ESL teaching professionals, who provide quality instruction, encouragement and guidance.
You can join the program at three week intervals, as there is continuous intake.
Diagnostic placement tests ensure that you will be placed into the correct language level.
- In the English Language Learning program, you improve your English language skills before your next academic or professional step, while qualifying to study at Centennial College full-time and transition to other Centennial programs such as English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
- You meet the english requirements for the workplace, for education and for everyday life.
- The program gives you the flexibility to be an active participant in your own learning.
- During your time in the offering, you have the opportunity to live in the college residence and meet others from many different cultures.
- You receive 375 hours of instruction per semester with regular diagnostic appraisals to measure class progress.
- Upon completion, you will be able to live at ease in an english-speaking environment or return home with a greater understanding of english and Canadian culture.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators