Centennial College’s Dance Performance program, the ultimate stepping stone to becoming a professional dancer, helps you dance your way to a fulfilling career.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
Facilitated by the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, the dynamic Dance Performance program is on the cutting edge of what’s new, innovative, current and popular in today’s dance culture. This college diploma program focuses on helping you to develop a high standard of performance and technical dance skills in:
- Commercial dance
- World trends
- Indigenous North American dance forms
- Pas de deux
In addition to learning technical dance skills, you take courses that nurture and enrich the mind-body connection and enhance the ability for storytelling. Throughout the two years you spend in the Dance – Performance program, you also learn and develop the skills and tools needed to cope with issues such as self and body image, stress, rejection, nutrition and better understand anatomy and injury prevention.
With a learning environment that reflects today’s industry, you graduate with a professional resume, photos and dance show-reel. You will also possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a professional attitude and instruction ability within the training and performance environment.
- You acquire performance skills at professional, artistic and technical levels.
- A field placement in the final semester provides a valuable opportunity to work in the industry.
- Both the field placement and the Dance Performance program’s industry connections allow you to network, learn and work with industry professionals who are in demand worldwide.
- At the Story Arts Centre, you collaborate with students in photography, film, television, music, art and theatre programs.
- The Dance Performance program’s practical, hands-on and entrepreneurial approach prepares you for sustainable dance-related careers directly upon graduation.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators