Interactive Media Management
The heart of Centennial College’s Interactive Media Management program is user experience (UX). Your ability to design and create meaningful interactive digital experiences will position you to succeed as an interactive media professional.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||January, September|
|Location:||Toronto, Canada / Online|
This media Graduate Certificate program, facilitated through the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, is ideal for you if you have completed a post-secondary program and wish to apply your skills to a career in interactive media management. If you’re passionate about making interactive experiences that “just work,” this program is for you.
Your courses teach you how to plan all elements of an effective interactive digital experience, starting from assessing what your audience needs, then accommodating their needs through the interface, its design and the words it contains. You also have the opportunity to work on your own project, from concept to prototype.
The interactive digital media industry is changing as mobile and immersion computing becomes more important and prevalent. As such, this collaborative and project-driven college media program emphasizes:
- Digital strategy
- UX design
- Content strategy and planning
- Interactive storytelling
- Digital project management (grant charts, budgets, project planning, agile methodology)
- Researching and surveying the interactive media landscape
You learn about the industry and available career options in the early stages of the Interactive Media Management program, and you complete your learning with a nine-week industry field placement.
- In the first semester, you gain fundamental skills in analyzing, designing, and creating interactive user experiences. As a result, you acquire a solid understanding of elements of UX, with an emphasis on content and audience analysis, UX strategy, wireframing, practical coding, A/V production and management skills.
- The second semester is spent working on your own senior project, while you apply advanced learning in business, analytics, technology and planning documentation.
- In your third and final semester, you learn how to pitch and present an interactive media project and polish your entrepreneurial skills before heading out to work in the industry on your field placement.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators