In Centennial College’s three-year Journalism program, you gain the skills you need to navigate and succeed in a changing industry. By going from the classroom to the newsroom, you come to understand the multifaceted and fast-paced journalism industry, which focuses on interesting people, places and things.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
In this advanced diploma program you:
- Cover a variety of topics while developing the critical foundation skills you need for the industry.
- Apply your newsroom skills to an award-winning community newspaper, a news website and radio-television news, all of which makes you versatile and industry-ready as soon as you graduate.
- Develop new multiplatform skills for the evolving world of news reporting.
From covering breaking news to exploring human interest stories, as a journalist you will be responsible for reporting events, interviewing newsmakers and examining the issues of our times.
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware and software requirements.
- You experience one-on-one interaction with faculty members in an ultra-modern, professional newsroom.
- The Story Arts Centre campus, where the Journalism program is facilitated, offers you access to publishing, broadcast and Internet facilities.
- Hands-on, real-world experience is available through award-winning community media, including the East York Observer newspaper, Freshly Pressed magazine, the Toronto Observer news website, radio and television newscasts available online.
- With a stellar faculty, whose combined credits include NBC News, CBC News, CTV News, OMNI, The Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, National Post, Globe and Mail and more, your journalism training is relevant, demanding and highly effective.
- You connect with excellent faculty, mentors and guest speakers and get to partake in exclusive field trips.
- Through the field trips and your field placement, you have the opportunity to make exclusive news media connections.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators