Music Industry Arts and Performance
Centennial College’s Music Industry Arts and Performance (MIAP) program turns your passion for popular, world or indigenous music into an exciting and lasting career in a wide range of fields relating to music.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
This unique advanced music diploma program, offered at the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, takes three years to complete. During this time, Music Industry Arts and Performance course work helps you to:
- Nurture musicality and creativity
- Raise awareness of a variety of music cultures
- Build knowledge of music-related technologies
- Develop business and entrepreneurial skills
Professional musicians mentor you during private lessons and ensemble rehearsals. This hands-on experience is further enhanced by a six-week field placement in the final semester that provides practical experience in the real world.
You choose a stream of study in the third year of this college music program that allows for specialization. You may join either the music creation and business stream or the music creation and technology stream.
As a graduate of the Music Industry Arts and Performance program, you will be a versatile, culturally aware musician and singer with the technological and business savvy necessary to work in the music industry of today and tomorrow.
- No other music program offers the blend of performance, creative, contextual, business and technology courses found in Centennial College’s Music Industry Arts and Performance program.
- You have many opportunities to perform and record, which enhances your readiness.
- You learn how to make money in the music industry of today and tomorrow.
- The program’s practical, hands-on approach plays a big role in preparing you for a sustainable, music-related career.
- The advanced diploma that is earned reflects high standards of learning.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators