Performing Arts Fundamentals
Centennial College’s Performing Arts Fundamentals program, offered by the School of Communications, Media and Design, provides students with the foundation they need to explore a wide range of career opportunities in the performing arts.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
Students will develop core skills in music, theatre and dance, but can customize their program through advanced elective courses and express their talents in collaborative, multi-disciplinary performance projects. Students will also attend shows and network with leading industry professionals throughout the cultural hub of Toronto and will leave the program with a personalized, professional video portfolio to help launch their career or explore additional performing arts education options.
- Studio courses in all three core disciplines: Music, theatre, and dance.
- Specialized elective courses that let you either focus your training or broaden your horizons by trying something new.
- Interdisciplinary ensemble classes where you collaborate with your peers to create, remix, or produce original multidisciplinary performances.
- Opportunities to attend shows throughout the GTA, network with leading artists and producers, and to create your own critiques on a video blog.
- Personalized professional coaching on audition skills, resume writing, career management and financing.
- Students graduate with a professional headshot and show reel for their personal portfolio.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators