Product Design and Development
The Product Design and Development program is the only one of its kind in Canada and provides you with the unique understanding to develop high-tech, ecological and socially responsible products from concept, to design, to production.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
|Location:||Pickering, Canada / Blended / Online|
Combining the strengths of Centennial College’s School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design and the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, this innovative product design and development program’s courses bring together hands-on learning in product and industrial design, and product development with product lifecycle management (PLM). Through interdisciplinary, collaborative group projects, you develop creative design problem-solving abilities and innovative strategies by applying all stages of the visual design process.
You acquire a wide range of skills in this advanced diploma program, including idea generation, creative problem solving, drawing, model-making, the creative design process, 3D CAD advanced computer modelling, rapid prototyping, product development (CAE analysis, reverse engineering technology, materials selection, quality testing, product costing and optimization), product lifecycle management and cross-platform multimedia communications. You also develop a strong sense of the functional and aesthetic principles of design, as well as a solid understanding of the technical and business aspects of product development.
Centennial’s Product Design and Development program meets the growing need for graduates with a strategic vision of interdisciplinary product design and an understanding of all stages of the product lifecycle, who are ready to work in a variety of exciting careers related to consumer product development, electronics, furniture, transportation and more.
- During your time in the program, you study and work in classrooms and labs that are equipped with the latest tools and industry-standard software.
- The program provides a practical, hands-on and entrepreneurial approach that prepares you for a sustainable career.
- Opportunities exist to collaborate with students in other programs at the Story Arts Centre. This is a unique opportunity to network, learn and work with industry professionals.
- Opportunity to work with ACCEL, Centennial’s in-house business incubator, to bring your ideas to market.
- Gain industry experience through STORYWORKS, a course that provides the opportunity to work with real-world clients of all kinds.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators