Publishing – Book, Magazine and Electronic
The Publishing – Book, Magazine and Electronic program is one of the most prestigious programs of its kind in Canada. Through hands-on education, it prepares you for employment in a wide variety of areas in the publishing industry.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
Established in 1974, this unique and award-winning publishing Graduate Certificate program has earned several accolades for academic excellence and for the career success of its graduates.
In this School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design program, you learn to:
- Be an integral part of the team that helps to shape the evolution of Canada’s cultural and literary landscape.
- Publish e-books.
- Help build the careers of the next generation of writers in the publishing industry.
- Take part in publishing the bi-yearly On the Danforth magazine.
Your experience in the Publishing program is rounded out by an industry field placement at a book or magazine publisher in Toronto. During this time, you acquire critical working experience, industry knowledge and professional relationships as you initiate your new career.
A career in book, magazine or online publishing promises a world of innovation, stories and culture that integrates your creative, marketing and business skills.
- The two-semester accelerated format covers all facets of the publishing process, including e-books and online magazines.
- You complete a six-week field placement in the industry.
- The Graduate Certificate that is earned reflects a high standard of learning.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators