Community Development Work
Are you passionate about social and environmental change, enjoy working with groups, wish you could help connect people to services and opportunities in their community? Then the Community Development Work Program is for you!
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Location:||Pickering, Canada / Blended / Online|
- The Community Development Work program provides you with the opportunity to practice your acquired knowledge under the supervision of community practitioners in two separate “real world” fieldwork settings during the third and fourth semesters.
- You are exposed to opportunities for international development placements.
- As a student of this School of Community and Health Studies program, you work in communities to advocate for change strategies that promote social and economic justice, and challenge patterns of oppression and discrimination.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Community Engagement Worker
- Community Outreach Worker
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Program Facilitator
- Youth Development Coordinator
- Community Service Worker
- Crisis Intervention Worker
- Family Service Worker
Areas of Employment
- Voluntary organizations
- International community settings
- Non-profit organizations
- Charitable organizations
- Social enterprises