Early Childhood Education (Progress Campus)
The Early Childhood Education Program at Centennial College is committed to ensuring graduates are prepared to be leaders in the profession. Our graduates are respected as professionals.
As a student in the Early Childhood Education Program, you will learn to provide high standards of care to children and their families. This highly respected program will teach you to take responsibility for observing the needs of individual and groups of children, and create well-planned, stimulating and responsive programs. You will come to understand the needs of infants, toddlers, pre-school and school-aged children.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years/4 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended|
Rich classroom experiences will offer you a range of opportunities to understand the content. Professors ensure that a variety of strategies are used to help you practice and apply what you are learning. Supporting our program is Centennial College’s two state of the art early childhood education centres. Used as lab schools, these centres located in East York and at Progress Campus will allow you to observe and/or practice in a high-quality childcare setting.
If you are energetic, enjoy working with children and adults, fun loving, and dedicated to your learning this is the program for you!
This program has received KPI distinction awards consistently for Employer Satisfaction.
This Early Childhood Education program is also offered at Ashtonbee Campus. Also facilitated from Progress Campus are fast-track and part-time versions of the offering.
- You will experience practical experiential learning through three field placements in the community working directly with infants or toddlers, preschool and school-age children.
- Qualified and experienced supervisors will support you during the field placement to ensure that your learning is optimized.
- Available to you during the third or fourth semester will be opportunities to work in full-day kindergarten environments.
- To support the student experience in semester three and four a minimum of a one-week block placement is incorporated to maximize your ability to solidify skills.
- This program is committed to respond to and reflect current trends and direction in the field and profession.
- Highly skilled faculty create stimulating learning opportunities in the classroom which address a range of learning styles.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators