Massage Therapy – Compressed
The Massage Therapy program at Centennial College will provide you with both the fundamental and advanced massage therapy skills needed to become a successful massage therapist. The program emphasizes professionalism and teaches an evidence-based approach to assessment and treatment planning and implementation.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years/6 semesters|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada|
Recognized as a distinctive and rigorous program within the School of Community and Health Studies, this program offers a balanced combination of theory and practical application through in-class lectures, lab experience, an on-site public clinic and off-site outreach placements.
You will learn the proper assessment tools and techniques to deal with a wide variety of conditions that involve lymph, muscle, nerve, fascia and joints of the body as well as a wellness focus that maintains physical health, function and mobility.
- Programs at Centennial College are awarded Key Performance Indicator Awards based on student satisfaction survey statistics. The Massage Therapy program has received the President’s Academic Gold Award for Graduate Satisfaction and the President’s Academic Gold Award for Quality of Learning Experience.
- The Massage Therapy program offers strong clinical components through on-site labs, clinics and offsite placements. At Centennial College’s Morningside Campus, you obtain hands-on practice within modern clinical spaces where you meet patients who experience injuries, dysfunction and disease. Your responsibility is to offer assessment and treatment under the supervision of experienced RMT faculty members to help improve patients’ physical ability and quality of life.
- Graduates are eligible to write the registration examinations administered by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) to obtain the Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) designation.
- Centennial College students have demonstrated an excellent success rate at the CMTO entry-to-practice examinations
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Sport Registered Massage Therapist
- Rehabilitation Registered Massage Therapist
Areas of Employment
- Health and fitness facilities
- Multidisciplinary health care facilities
- Sports rehabilitation clinics
- Health spas
- On-site therapy