Centennial College’s Police Foundations program is geared towards those who have an interest in police, security and investigation-related occupations in both the public and private sectors.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
In this joint diploma Police Foundations program at Centennial College, you spend two years taking Police Foundations courses in the School of Community and Health Studies that cover:
- Current laws
- Investigative techniques
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Criminal proceedings
- Community policing principles
- Physical fitness
- Emergency Management and Public Safety
The time you spend in the Police Foundations courses results in the ability to communicate efficiently, act as a problem-solver, work effectively in teams and help people in the community.
- The Police Foundations program consists of intense training, equivalent to that of a paramilitary environment, which helps you to develop discipline and deportment.
- Courses are based on real-life experiences and case studies that incorporate a fundamental perspective on life.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Police officer
- Customs and excise officer
- Security officer
- Military police
- Corrections officer
- Private security officer (in loss prevention and corporate security)