Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion
The Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion program, offered by Centennial College, is one of the first graduate certificate programs of its kind in Canada. As such, it enjoys a respected national and international reputation and is recognized by leading employers.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
The Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion program, offered by Centennial College, will prepare you to promote the total well-being of individuals and groups within corporate and community contexts.
To do so effectively, in this college health program you’ll:
- Benefit from acquiring essential program management and communication skills to become an effective manager of wellness and health promotion programs;
- Gain knowledge in providing wellness coaching, designing, implementing and evaluating effective health promotion strategies and programs, as well as managing programs in accordance with organizational policies and procedures;
- Focus on assessing health risk factors and developing health and wellness plans and strategies to promote individual and organizational well-being;
- Learn to utilize a variety of presentation techniques and strategies, develop a business case for wellness and market, and promote wellness programs.
As a Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion graduate skilled in program design and management, psychosocial and physical health issues, mental health management, program planning and health promotion theory, you’ll bring a holistic and interprofessional approach to the field.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Program specialist
- Wellness coordinator
- Health promotion consultant/manager
- Wellness program manager
- Program manager
- Client relationship director
- Health strategies associate
- Healthy workplace engagement coordinator