Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician – Automation and Robotics
Through the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician – Automation and Robotics program, you gain the knowledge to build a rewarding career in the field of automation and robotics. This college diploma program focuses on automated systems, which are at the heart of virtually all advanced manufacturing and other industry sectors.
The courses in this engineering program are comprehensive and emphasize the basic technology used in building and operating automated industrial systems: Programmable logic controllers (PLCs), hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and robotics. The program includes a thorough understanding of theory, along with practical, hands-on laboratory experience.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
|Location:||Toronto, Canada / Blended / Online|
- In-depth study is provided, from fundamental to advanced systems.
- You gain hands-on experience in programmable logic controllers (PLCs), robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics.
- A strong on-campus Automation and Robotics Student Society organizes events such as career nights and industrial visits.
- The program has key-school status with the U.S.-based Fluid Power Education Foundation (FPEF).
- Widely-used technologies included in the offering are applicable to many different industries.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators