Environmental Technology (Fast-Track)
The Environmental Technology (Fast-Track) program is for qualified college or university graduates who wish to gain direct admission into year two (semester three) of this three-year advanced diploma program in preparation for the constantly evolving field of environmental technology.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Location:||Toronto, Canada / Blended / Online|
This college technology program provides you with theoretical and practical knowledge for success in the growing field of environmental technology. Courses in this program cover the three foundational disciplines of biology, chemistry and civil engineering, teaching you to understand and manage complex environmental problems. Courses also provide you with hands-on experience using technology and equipment in water and soil quality analysis, ecological field sampling, analytical chemistry, hazardous material management, surveying, municipal engineering, AutoCAD drawing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping.
Laboratory practice in water quality testing, groundwater movement, computer aided environmental audits and the chemistry of pollutants provides you with the skills needed to analyze and remediate the urban environment. This unique combination of technical skills will greatly increase your career options.
- You take part in a program that is the recipient of Centennial College’s President’s Academic
- Program Recognition Award for Outstanding Student Satisfaction.
- Opportunities exist for participation in local conservation and restoration activities.
- Graduates can apply to register with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist (OACETT).
- After semester four courses are completed, you can write the Ontario Ministry of the Environment Operator-in-Training (OIT) and Water Quality Analyst (WQA) exams.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators