Health Informatics Technology
Centennial College’s Health Informatics Technology program combines knowledge of both software engineering and health care systems. In this advanced technology diploma program’s courses, you learn to design, develop and maintain the next generation of electronic health records applications and many other exciting software products.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
|Location:||Pickering, Canada / Blended / Online|
Under the umbrella of the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, this program covers:
- Object-oriented software design methodologies
- User-oriented interface design
- The structure of health care information systems
- Clinical workflow and IT solutions
- Data security
- Privacy issues within health care systems
To underscore the applied focus of the curriculum, the Health Informatics Technology program includes two software development projects in the field of health informatics. These real-world business applications require you to utilize all the technical, systems and business skills gained during your studies.
The knowledge you acquire in this health technology program enables you to design, develop, modify and test software for healthcare applications. You will also be able to analyze and model data, develop healthcare databases and support decision-making based on data mining techniques. Lastly, you will have the know-how to use health informatics methods and software tools for hospitals, healthcare agencies and public health departments.
- Health Informatics Technology courses are delivered using leading-edge technology geared to industry standards.
- You learn from knowledgeable and approachable School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science faculty members who have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) or their provincial engineering technology association.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Software developer
- Health care information systems analyst
- Database developer
- Mobile app developer
- Web application developer
- Systems implementation specialist
- Business analyst
Areas of Employment
You will be prepared to work in:
- Health informatics clinics
- IT departments of hospitals
- Medical software companies
- Research environments
- Educational environments
Ontario health networks, Ontario hospitals and the government are among the types of organizations that have hired past students.