Information Technology (Computer and Communication Networks), Honours
By attending the Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer and Communications Networks) Honours program, you will be part of a select group of Ontario students to receive a four-year Bachelor degree in information technology.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Location:||Toronto, Canada / Blended / Online|
Centennial College was specifically selected by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development to deliver an applied science program to address the critical need for networking professionals in the province. Centennial is the only post-secondary institution in Ontario to offer a bachelor degree Computer and Communication Networks program.
During the four years you spend in this School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science program, you are exposed to a unique blend of technology and business subjects. The hands-on approach ensures an innovative balance between the practical and the theoretical backgrounds which employers are seeking.
Learning from highly qualified professors who hold industrial certifications and advanced academic credentials, you are able to specialize in the design of wireless and security networking.
- The modern laboratories in which you learn are specially engineered for the curriculum. They include uniquely equipped facilities offering VoIP, cellular networks, wireless broadband (WiMax), advanced routing and switching as well as network management.
- You are able to specialize in network security or wireless systems.
- Small class sizes ensure that you receive individual attention.
- There is a focus on diversity, equity and a safe learning environment.
- The Computer and Communication Networks program includes a work term during the summer between second and third year.
- The School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science maintains strategic alliances with partners such as Avaya Canada, Cisco Systems Canada Co. and HP Canada. This ensures program relevance and provides you with both work term and employment opportunities after graduation.
- Graduates are positioned to pursue industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+, Linux+, Microsoft MTA, MCSA and Cisco CCNA.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators