Software Engineering Technology (Fast-Track) (Optional Co-op)
Centennial College’s three-year Software Engineering Technology program grants qualified college or university graduates with a background in software direct admission into year two (semester three) so they may receive their advanced diploma in two years (four semesters).
|Full-time Duration:||2 years/4 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended|
Through coverage of modern programming languages, design and algorithm concepts, data management tools, systems integration, enterprise programming, mobile computing and software security, you learn to design, develop and maintain software systems.
To highlight the applied focus of the curriculum, this college technology program includes two software development projects that require you to use all the technical and business skills you acquired in the program as you build high-quality software.
- Courses in this Software Engineering Technology (Fast-Track) program make use of leading technology geared to industry standards.
- Project-based learning is a key program component.
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
- The program also offers a co-op option (program #3439). Students who choose this option partake in a paid co-op experience, and gain practical experience and network.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) or their provincial engineering technology association.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Software developer
- Web application developer
- Mobile application developer
- Software tester
- Computer programmer
- Systems analyst
- Business analyst
- Database administrator
- Applications or software support
Areas of Employment
- Software companies
- Public institutions
- Small and medium businesses