Software Engineering Technology (Optional Co-op)
Software is taking the planet by storm and our Software Engineering Technology program provides you with three years of learning in designing, developing and maintaining software systems.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years/6 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended / Online|
During this time, you attend courses in this advanced diploma program that cover modern programming languages, design and algorithm concepts, data management tools and modern software engineering methodologies. The program also exposes you to a solid knowledge of systems integration, enterprise programming, mobile computing and software security specialization.
To round out the technical focus of the curriculum, the Software Engineering Technology program includes two software development projects. For these real-world business applications, you put into action all the technical, systems and business skills acquired during your courses to build higher quality software.
The knowledge and hands-on experience you obtain in Software Engineering Technology will enable you to design and develop various kinds of software applications, human-computer interfaces and enterprise information systems.
- Software Engineering Technology courses incorporate the use of leading technology geared to industry standards.
- Project-based learning is a key component of the offering.
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
- This program is also delivered in a version that includes a co-op option. Students who choose this version (program #3419) are introduced to some of the biggest names in the industry with whom they are able to network in addition to gaining experience that puts them ahead of the competition — before they even graduate.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) or their provincial engineering technology association.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Software developer
- Software tester
- Mobile application developer
- Computer programmer
- Systems analyst
- Business analyst
- Web application developer
- Database administrator
- Applications or software support
Areas of Employment
- Public institutions
- Software companies
- Small and medium businesses