Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Centennial’s Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician program provide students with a solid understanding of aircraft manufacturing operations, aerospace systems and UAV (Unmanned Arial Vehicle) technology. During this two-year diploma program, students will learn to work with KPI’s, Continuous Improvement Techniques, Composite Materials, and learn a seamless transition through CAD, CAM, and CNC operations.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years/4 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended|
- The Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician program provides students with a strong educational base in aerospace and mechanical engineering technology and prepares graduates to function effectively in their chosen career field, leading to supervisory and management positions in organizations that deal with aerospace, mechanical, UAV, avionics, design and manufacturing of aerospace components and systems.
- The program, which offers a balance between theory and practice, includes instruction in industry-current software
- The project-driven program simulates actual workplace assignments and provides students with practical experience in designing, building and testing an original piece of equipment.
- State-of-the-art Aerospace Engineering Technology labs include Aerospace equipment, 3 and 5-axis CNC mills, CNC lathes, 3D printers, CMMs, thermodynamic and fluid power testing modules, manual mills and lathes, autoclave for composite materials, universal testing machines (tensile, torsion, hardness, etc.), robotic cells and UAV training stations.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- CAD Drafter/CAD Designer
- Aircraft/Mechanical Fabricator & Assembler
- CNC Programmer
- Inspection Technician (Quality Control/Assurance and Safety)
- Service – Technical Specialist
- Lab Technician
- Composite Technician
Areas of Employment
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- CNC Programming
- CNC Manufacturing
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Composite Manufacturing
- Quality Control and Testing