Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Centennial College’s Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma program provides students with a solid understanding of aircraft manufacturing operations, aerospace systems, and UAV (Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle) technology. During this three-year program, students will learn to work with KPI’s, Continuous Improvement Techniques, Composite Materials and learn a seamless transition through CAD, CAM, and CNC operations.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years/6 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended|
The Technology option provides students with a strong educational base in aerospace and mechanical engineering technology. This program prepares graduates to function effectively in their chosen career field, with math competencies, develop simulation, FEA, design, build and implement action plans. Graduates will be taught to project plan, lead and participate in multi-disciplined teams, problem solve and understand the impact of manufacturing systems. In addition, students will acquire a specialized knowledge of project management, operations management, process engineering, product life cycle management, troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- The Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology program provides you with a strong educational base in aerospace and mechanical engineering technology, preparing you to function effectively in your chosen career. It can lead to supervisory and management positions in organizations that deal with aerospace, mechanical, UAV, avionics, design and manufacturing of aerospace components and systems.
- The program offers a balance between theory and practice, including instruction in industry-current software.
- The project-driven program simulates actual workplace assignments and provides you with practical experience in designing, building and testing an original piece of equipment.
- State-of-the-art Aerospace Engineering Technology labs include Aerospace equipment, 3 and 5-axis CNC mills, CNC lathes, 3D printers, CMMs, thermodynamic and fluid power testing modules, manual mills and lathes, autoclave for composite materials, universal testing machines (tensile, torsion, hardness, etc.), robotic cells and UAV training stations.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Aerospace Operations Manager
- CAD Drafter/CAD Designer
- CNC Programmer
- Project Coordinator – Aerospace/Mechanical
- Service – Technical Specialist
- Inspection Technician (Quality Control/Assurance and Safety)
- Manufacturing Engineering Planner
- Manufacturing Methods Engineering/Specialist
Areas of Employment
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- CNC Programming
- CNC Manufacturing
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Composite Manufacturing
- Quality Control and Testing