Auto Body Repair Technician
The Auto Body Repair Technician Program is a two-year program that opens the doors to an advanced career in the auto body industry and could lead to a managerial position to operating your own successful business.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
This program is based on the Level 1 and 2 apprenticeship curriculum, with great valuable additions that lead to a highly recognized Centennial College Diploma. In the Auto Body Repair Technician courses, you will acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge, managerial skills and motivational attitude to ensure you have a competitive and leading edge in the auto body repair field.
Among covered topics are:
- Personal & Shop Safety
- Vehicle & Body Construction
- Detailing & Refinishing Equipment Maintenance
- Applied Mechanical Systems
- Communication Skills
- Trade Tools & Shop Equipment
- Non-Structural Repair Fundamentals
- Refinishing Surface Preparation
- Oxyacetylene & Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Plastic Repair and refinishing
- Non-Structural Panel Repair & Measuring
- Automotive Glass & Safety Devices
- Non-Structural Panel Replacement
- Refinishing Top Coat Application
You will spend approximately 40 percent of your schedule gaining hands-on practice in a spacious, well laid-out state-of-the-art auto body lab outfitted with new equipment. You will learn from faculty members with years of industry experience who are committed to seeing you succeed and to helping you maximize your skills. .
Once you complete your studies, you will have the opportunity to gain credit towards your apprenticeship requirements.
- The Auto Body Repair Technician curriculum is modelled on the level 1 and 2 apprenticeships in-school program
- This School of Transportation program is industry driven thanks to an active program advisory committee that provides insight twice a year on current industry developments and practices
- You develop your knowledge and skills while practicing on actual customer’s vehicles to gain real world experience, as well, you gain customer relation skills.
- You gain a diploma that is highly recognized and recommended by the auto industry, and the advanced knowledge, practical and motivational skills and attitude to make you more attractive and employable towards a managerial position within the industry
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators