Automotive – Motive Power Technician
This Automotive – Motive Power Technician program is for you if you’ve ever wondered how an engine works, or what makes a transmission drive.
|Full-time Duration:||2 year/4 semesters|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Blended|
With an emphasis on motor vehicle technology, this dynamic and inclusive program prepares you for work within the transportation industry. Through various Motive Power Technician theoretical and practical courses, you will acquire trade-relevant skills and knowledge that will help you undertake challenging positions in a variety of motive power employment opportunities.
In keeping with Ministry and the Ontario College of Trades standards, the program provides academic and practical content that meets the requirements for level 1 and level 2 in-school apprenticeship training. Additionally, you will actively participate in comprehensive hands-on training activities in fully-equipped modern transportation lab facilities.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding experience where wrenches and technology meet, you’ll find it in Centennial’s Motive Power program.
- Graduates meet requirements associated with Level One and Level Two Automotive Service Technician in-school apprenticeship training.
- Graduates earn ODP certification (Ozone Depletion Prevention).
- Graduates earn a recognized two-year diploma.
- Students practice aspects of vehicle repair and diagnosis in one of Canada’s largest transportation training centers.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Automotive apprentice technician
- Automotive technician (following apprenticeship)
- Automotive technical supervisor
- Automotive service advisor
- Automotive service manager
- Automotive parts manager
- Automotive teacher (college/high school/factory training)
Areas of Employment
Completion of the Motive Power Technician program provides you with a fundamental knowledge and skill to pursue a career in a variety of automotive sectors.
- Automotive service departments
- Automotive parts departments
- Automotive insurance companies