Automotive Service Technician
The Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship offers you excellent working knowledge of all of a vehicle’s systems.
|Full-time Duration:||In-school session options include 8 week block, 1 day per week for 36 weeks, or 2 nights a week for 40 weeks|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada|
Among the systems covered in this Auto Service Technician program are engines, electrical/electronics, fuels, transmissions, drivelines, steering, suspension and brakes. Before beginning an on-the-job experience, you attend courses at Ashtonbee Campus, including:
- Drive Train Systems
- Electrical/Electronic and Emission Systems
- Engine Systems
- Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brake Systems
To be eligible for this apprenticeship program, you must be currently employed as an apprentice.
- The program’s earn-while-you-learn training approach means that you are compensated for the time you spend with your employer.
- During the in-school portion of the Automotive Service Technician program, you may qualify for income support through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance.
- Thanks to their industry experience, professionals who teach the courses are able to offer you solid knowledge and advice as you complete the in-school training, which is geared to your on-the-job experience.
- The facilities from which you learn are not only fully outfitted with the latest tools of the trade, but are also housed at the province’s largest transportation training centre, Ashtonbee Campus.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators