Motive Power – Truck and Coach Technician
The Truck and Coach – Motive Power Technician program combines theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare you for the truck and coach field, which is one of the economy’s largest industries.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
To ensure you are career-ready, Truck and Coach Technician courses emphasize applied mechanics and vehicle dynamics, as well as component design and repair. In addition to the traditional trade subject areas, you receive advanced instruction in areas such as HVAC (refrigeration), preventative maintenance and fixed operations management. English and general education are also included. This combined selection of courses is designed to prepare you to be an employer’s candidate of choice.
Because the program is based on the Truck and Coach Technician apprenticeship curriculum standards, graduates meet the requirements for level 1 and level 2 in-school apprenticeship training. You will be able to work in many different areas of the truck and coach industry, including in a repair facility as an apprentice, in administrative/managerial roles and with parts departments/suppliers.
- You have access to one of Canada’s largest transportation training centres at Centennial College’s Ashtonbee Campus.
- You learn about truck and coach technologies in modern facilities with training aids that are relevant to industry expectations and standards.
- This program combines technical training and college academic courses with both lectures and labs incorporated into your studies.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Apprentice truck and coach technician
- Certified truck and coach technician
- Maintenance shop manager
- Industry representative
- Employment within support services such as rebuild shops/parts supply organizations/etc