As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the first semester of this program will be held in an online format starting in Summer 2020.
Centennial College’s Business – Accounting program was created for students seeking excellent accounting-related training in a short time frame.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years/4 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Online|
In this two-year Business School program, you will learn the basics of accounting through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on expanding employable skills. While this business program includes the quality features of all Centennial College accounting programs, it concentrates on building proficiency in financial and managerial accounting and on fostering in-depth knowledge of accounting software. Communication and analytical skills are also emphasized, as they are essential for career success.
Graduates of this diploma program are able to look forward to rewarding employment opportunities in a wide range of business sectors.
- In the Business – Accounting program, you will build the strong skills foundation necessary for pursuing a profession in accounting upon graduation.
- Professors in The Business School have strong academic backgrounds, deep subject matter expertise and extensive business and management experience.
- Small class environments maximize the learning experience, offering a leading-edge information technology infrastructure.
- Many Business – Accounting classes are taught in lab environments that are fully equipped with an integrated network of computer systems.
- Your transition into the workplace will be made easy with training in industry-standard accounting software, including QuickBooks and Sage ACCPAC ERP.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Junior (entry-level) accountant
- Accounting clerk
- Accounting assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Accounts receivable clerk
- Accounts payable officer
- Accounts receivable officer
- Credit and collections officer
- Fixed asset management officer
- Financial consultant
- Financial officer
Areas of Employment
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Credit and collections
- Fixed asset management
- Inventory control
- Managerial and cost accounting