Our Business Foundations program is an alternate offering intended for students who have applied to enter a program at The Business School, but who may not currently meet the English communications admission requirements. If you are highly motivated to build on your existing English language skills and want to develop your understanding of Canadian business culture and practices, you will benefit from this Business Foundations program’s inclusive learning environment and academic supports.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||January, May, September|
The program includes courses in:
- Microsoft Office
- Canadian and international business practices
- Strategies for business success
Upon successful completion of the two-semester program, you will be eligible to transfer, with credits, to a diploma or advanced diploma business program at Centennial College.
- Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized attention.
- There is a carefully measured pace to the Business Foundations program delivery that ensures quality learning experiences.
- The program places a strong emphasis on the use of English in a supportive environment.
- Encouraging and experienced professors facilitate the courses.
- Business Foundations courses cover a variety of business-focused subject matter, preparing you for a number of diploma programs.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Preparation for a Business certificate program
- Transfer to a Business diploma
- Transfer to an advanced diploma Business program Articulation Agreements Successful completion of the Pre-Business/Business Foundations program
with submission of a signed transfer application by Week 3 of Semester 2 guarantees students entry of The Business School Diploma or Advanced Diploma program of their choice. This agreement is subject to space and program availability.