As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the first semester of this program will be held in an online format starting in Summer 2020.
This business program allows you to develop a solid grounding in contemporary concepts, theories and business practices that are related to the functional areas of the business enterprise. You will study accounting, business communications, customer service, business computer applications, human resources management, marketing principles, organizational behavior, business ethics, Canadian business law, project management, microeconomics and operations management so you can discover your perfect career fit.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years/4 semesters|
|Starting in:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|Location:||Progress Campus, Toronto, Canada / Online|
The Business program at Centennial College was created for students interested in obtaining an education in multiple business disciplines. This diploma program is a perfect credential for:
- Building a resume for application to most entry-level business positions.
- Developing a foundation for a longer academic career in an area of specialty, such as management/leadership, marketing, human resources, international business or operations and supply chain.
- Learning about a variety of industries and job sectors.
To ensure you are ready for the modern business environment, you will engage in experiential learning through teamwork, case studies or projects, hands-on use of business technologies, research and role-plays or simulations. This program will help you develop the transferrable employment skills employers seek, the abilities you need to enter, remain and progress in the world of work. You will develop your ability to communicate, manage information, use numbers, think and solve problems, demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviours, be responsible, be adaptable, work safely, learn continuously, work with others and participate in projects and tasks.
- Gain a solid foundation in the functional areas of business.
- Hands-on experience using a variety of business software tools.
- Learning supported by technology both in and out of the classroom.
- Opportunity to work in a team-based environment that is reflective of the field.
- Participate in experiential learning activities through case studies, projects, hands-on applications, research, role-plays or simulations which are part of many courses.
- Learning experience guided by a team of professors with strong academic backgrounds and extensive business and management experience.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators