Fashion Business and Management
You gain, through practical exercises, a comprehensive understanding of business management practices specific to the fashion industry, which you put to practice in a field placement during the final semester.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
Centennial College’s Fashion Business and Management program will help you develop the skills and knowledge to become a future business leader in the fashion industry. Courses in this business diploma program are unique to the fashion industry and cover topics such as:
- The design and manufacturing process.
- The evolution of fashion and design and their relationship to designers, producers and retailers.
- Ethical, sustainable and innovative practices for leadership in a global fashion industry.
- Current design trends and technologies to predict sales dynamics for fashion products and services.
- Marketing and retail promotional strategies based on contemporary consumer psychology concepts.
- Creative concepts for fashion products and services.
- Business management fundamentals.
- Financial practices utilized in the fashion industry.
- Computer applications for fashion, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Courses in the Fashion Business and Management program examine all facets of the fashion industry, including accounting fundamentals like budgeting, costing, sourcing and working with manufacturers for garment production.
- You will realize creative potential through practical exercises in class and within a retail setting.
- The activities in the program help you build marketing, promotion and customer service skills.
- You will connect with knowledgeable and industry-experienced faculty within small class environments.
- The program teaches you to apply the principles of effective management, organization, employee and labour relations to the successful operation of a fashion business.
- The final semester field placement will ensure you gain practical experience and invaluable networking opportunities.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators