The Financial Planning program at Centennial College is for students who have already completed a post-secondary education and wish to enter the financial planning field in just two semesters.
This Business Graduate Certificate program uses instructional materials from professional bodies to deliver financial planning courses. A balance of theory and hands-on training in small sized classes allows for much interaction. The offering also provides you with most of the educational requirements to challenge the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam and is a pathway to the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) credential.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||January, May, September|
Upon completion of this Financial Planning program, you will be able to:
- Integrate economic and personal information necessary for effective financial planning decisions.
- Compare, contrast and select financial products and services, investment planning and counselling services for clients, while adhering to industry standards.
- Effectively market financial services to clients to renew and gain new business.
- Recognize potential tax and legal implications within a financial planning situation.
- Integrate ethical decision-making processes into all aspects of the financial planning profession.
- Successfully adhere to financial planning principles and industry standards.
- Manually and electronically prepare accurate and relevant financial plans.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators