Office Administration – Legal
In the Office Administration – Legal program at Centennial College, you see the legal system unfold before your eyes.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
This Office Administration – Legal program at Centennial College’s courses not only allow you to develop core office administration skills, but also focus on:
- Legal office environments.
- Building an understanding of current issues in Canadian law
- Specialized areas of practice such as civil litigation, family law, real estate, wills, estate and more.
- The use of specialized legal office software, with an emphasis on computer-generated document production and word processing.
To round out the Office Administration – Legal training, in the final term you complete a two-day-per-week field placement during which you have the opportunity to apply specific legal office administration skills. Among these skills are preparation of legal documents using word processing, legal terminology and office procedures used in law firms or corporate legal departments.
The field placement is organized and supervised by faculty members of the program. Faculty and staff work closely with you to help you find a placement well suited to your needs. While the placement is unpaid, it provides valuable resume enhancement experience.
“A good opportunity to be a member of the research team to conduct research for reputed institutions like University of Toronto and Centennial College. Gained a lot a new knowledge and hands-on experience in conducting research. Learned sampling techniques and different data analysis methods.”
Sushil Anu // Performance of Existing Oil-Grit Separators (Stormceptor) and Development a New Generation of Urban Sediment-Contaminant Separators
- Assistant to president of an organization
- Legal Administrative support officer
- Senior Legal secretary
- Office coordinator
- Legal secretary
- Legal administrative assistant
- Legal office support